If you have an internet security at home, you need to realize the importance of using a security pin for it. This way, you can freely surf the web without minding about your security and the files you have. How to get network security key is not easy to do like the way you can retrieve other details pertaining to login using a computer.
This key was installed on the computer, and it will be saved automatically on the internet connection’s router. Always keep in mind that how to get network security key is difficult because the key will never exist in the form of a program or file. Instead, the security key of the internet connection is the small detail placed on the setup page of the router.
If the connection between you and the computer is legal, the network connection administrator will give you the key. How to get network security key includes certain steps to do such as visiting the page. To get the security key of the internet connection you are using, you should follow the steps below.
Steps on How to Get Network Security Key
1. To open the page for the setup process of the router, you should have a cable internet connection between your computer and your router.
2. You can access the computer connected to your router or connect them both by using the Ethernet cable.
3. Access the browser of the web. In this step, you can use either the Mozilla Firefox or the Internet Explorer.
4. At the address bar that you can find at your web browser, enter the default IP address of the router you use.
5. You may also find the IP address of your router by accessing the Command Prompt. Enter the command IP config.
6. The small window for login will appear. When you see this, enter your username and password. Always keep in mind that you need to enter all details when needed.
7. By default, your router’s user name box must be blank, and the result defaulting password is “admin”. On the other hand, these details could vary on different models. Thus, you should always look at the documentations included with your router to get the details you require.
8. When the page of the router has been accessed, you should search for the wireless security, Wi-Fi or the wireless internet connection settings tab. Search for the passphrase or the phrase wireless security key. This would be your internet connection security key.
These are the steps that will help you on how to get network security key. Always keep in mind that you need to consider the importance of using an internet connection protection key. Crimes online like identity theft and internet hacking are common. These affect a lot of internet owners and the only way to fight this is to use a security key. With the steps mentioned above, how to get network security key will be easier for you to do.